Having a plan on moving day will inevitably make your move go smoother. Moving day can be hectic for anyone, so laying out a plan for packing your big box truck in advance can be helpful. Knowing that you can always get a truck from Avon Rent-A-Car should help your move too. Instead of bugging friends to let you borrow a truck, you know you can get a truck big enough to fit everything you need to move in a few, easy trips. You can strategically pack the truck to cut down on the number of trips you have to make during your move too. Place large items into an I-shape, with heavy appliances toward the back, desks and tables down the center, and other heavy furniture toward the front. Once you’ve done this with large items, you can start packing your small items around them to make the most of the space you have available in your moving truck. Follow these tips for moving small items:
- Save yourself time and trips in the moving truck by strategically packing boxes that will fit around your large items in the moving truck.
- Luck boxes into the space underneath desks and tables to make the most of the room in your box truck.
- Boxes also fit perfectly on top of couches and chairs inside the truck.
- Make sure boxes are tied down on top of furniture to prevent sliding.
- Keeping this boxes clearly labeled with their contents will help you organize them both in the truck and when you arrive at your new home.
- Label boxes on their side and write which room the contents belong in so it’s easy to organize them when you get to your new home.
- Write a more detailed list of what’s in each box on the bottom, where only you will know to access it, in case you need to find something before you’re finished unpacking.
- Keep some essentials with you in the cab of the truck, like a change of clothes, toothbrush, and other daily necessities, as well as things you normally keep within reach like your wallet and phone.
- Be sure to reserve your Avon box truck in advance so you know that the truck you need will be available and waiting for you on moving day.
Moving is a stressful time for almost everyone. But if you reserve your Avon box truck well in advance, stay organized, and carefully plan how to pack the moving truck to make the most of your space and time, things will go much more smoothly. Planning ahead is always a good strategy but when you’re moving it is really the key to getting the process done efficiently. There’s no reason to leave your family’s move up to chance when there are reliable box trucks available from Avon Rent-A-Car and a little planning can make your move quicker and easier for everyone involved. Remember to clearly label your boxes and keep your essentials within arm’s reach in the cab and you should have a smooth move.